Top 10 Clues That You May Be A Writer:
1. You would rather talk to the voices in your head than the person sitting next to you.
2. You know the library’s phone number, but not your work phone number. (Okay, I know my work number but I work in a BOOKSTORE.)
3. Some of the letters on your keyboard are completely worn off. (Not totally but the R, S, and E are close.)
4. You have a favorite pen that no one else can touch. (His name is “Hunter,” he is red and he edits the crap out of my stuff.)
5. Books are your favorite scent. (I keep waiting for someone to make a “Old Library Book” scented air freshener for my car/room.)
6. If you could meet anyone in the world it would be your favorite author. (Hello Chuck Klosterman!)
7. You eat macaroni and cheese for a week because you spent all your money at the bookstore. (Working at Borders, this is the story of my life.)
8. Your/you’re errors drive you crazy. (their/there/they’re, ending sentences with prepositions…just heed grammar rules people!)
9. You named your laptop. (Janis…after Janis Joplin because I write the best when I lister to her music.)
10. You would rather write than go out. (As much as I like going out, this is, sadly, a very true statement.)
I have never found a list of this nature that is more accurate about me or anyone else I know who writes.
P.S. Someone get on that air freshener!